Comfort Meets Efficiency
When it comes to heating and cooling homes, people view Trane equipment as the most reliable and
longest lasting in the industry.* That’s because we use premium materials and time-tested designs
that deliver more comfort for less energy, with reliability that’s legendary throughout the
business. When you trust Trane, you’re trusting the leader.
The S-Series Furnace is the most advanced furnace Trane has ever made. After more than 2 ½ years
of constant work, various prototypes and continuous testing, it’s now in production.
Its performance is improved, easier to install and easier to service. It’s been tested and re-tested to meet Trane standards, which are set well above the minimums required.
- Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Igniter provides a highly reliable ignition system for longer service life.
- Multi-Port In-Shot Burners perfectly shape the flame cone for the maximum heat possible while using less fuel.
- Two-Stage Gas Valve adjusts fuel use based on your heating demand, providing more comfort with lower, longer run times and reduced temperature swings.
- Heavy Steel Insulated Cabinet holds more heat in the furnace, ensures greater durability and reduces operating sound.
- Stainless Steel Primary Heat Exchanger withstands higher temperatures, resists corrosion, and is efficient at heat transfer, while improving airflow efficiency in both winter and summer
- Secondary Heat Exchanger extracts even more heat from the combustion process and is made of corrosion resistant 29-4C stainless steel.
- Variable-Speed Blower Motor with Comfort-R™ allows quieter system startups and shutdowns, greater efficiency and more thorough heat circulation. Also helps control humidity levels during summer months.
- Vortica® II Blower is quiet and efficient in both heating season and cooling season, and is only available from Trane.
- Two-Speed Draft Inducer works seamlessly with the two-stage gas valve to enhance efficiency, comfort and reliability